The Straley Family







Hello and Welcome to Nanny Goat Primitives' Blog! I am looking forward to sharing bits and pieces about my primitive adventures with you! Brew a cup of steaming hot tea and make yourself at home.




Thursday, May 15, 2008

Richard's Family Life Merit Badge Project

The Straley family has been busy working in the our yard the past few weeks DESPITE the snow last week!! Would someone tell Olde Man Winter that it's May?!! Enough already! Geesh!



Richard, our oldest boy, is working on his Family Life merit badge for Boys Scouts (Troop 469 in Parker, Colorado). He decided to plan out and plant our flower bed in the front yard. Thank goodness he waited a week!



Yesterday, he finally got the chance to plant his plan into action (with a little advice from his Dad of course). He did a fantastic job!




The yard and flowers are my sanity every summer! I enjoy sipping my first cup of coffee out on the back deck watching the humming birds and waiting for the bumble bees to wake up! We have lots of outdoor projects planned this year so I'll be posting more photos as we progress. Now where is that tube of Ben-Gay??? Maybe Richard has it!

Wishing everyone a Happy Spring!!

Deanna :)

4 comments:

BirchBerry Farms said...

You guys sure are brave planting flowers right now---I am waiting until after Memorial Day---still getting real cold here at night and we had a frost advisery yesterday---I agree too Deanna--tell that Old Man Winter to take a HIKE---he already had his turn---I am soooooo needin' some warmer weather!

Country*Road*Primitives said...

Glad you finally got your flowers in Deanna :) woohoo!!

Doreen Frost said...

Wow...I can not believe you are still getting snow!!! Sure does look pretty though :)

You have a beautiful family.

Blessings,
doreen

Country*Road*Primitives said...

Deanna, glad the snow is gone and you are able to plant flowers without the worry of the white stuff flying... :) Happy planting!! xox